Saturday, August 7, 2010

THE ZOO AND THE VIRUS

I am amazed that my passion for donating and giving back has rubbed off on my kids.  While Francesca and I were waiting for our favorite animal to take a dive into the water...


...Nicholas was using his hard earned (well, actually, won in a card game) money to "help save the polar bears because their ice is melting"...


I didn't realize at first until my mom pointed it out, but he was donating dollar after dollar (or should I say five dollars after five dollars) because he thought they needed it more than he did.  At least it proves that he DOES listen to me when it really matters!  Oh, that monkey makes me so proud to be his mamma!

We waited for twenty minutes for that darn polar bear to dive in and he never did, but at least we got to admire him up close and personal, thanks to the FANTASTIC new viewing area in the
Have you been yet? 
IT'S AWESOME!!!!


The monkeys love to measure themselves on the walls that are painted with animal murals!




Finally, I bought them some new hats to play dress up with because their costume chest was lacking in animal stuff because it is so filled with chef and fireman stuff!  Grandma decided that she wanted to wear the hat first.  Here is a quiz question....

What do you call a COUGAR who is past her prime?

A WOLF!!!!


As if the zoo wasn't fun enough, we decided to end the day with a trip to the urgent care at the hospital.  Francesca had a fever for a few days prior with no other symptoms, or so I thought.  After we left the zoo, she decided to break out into a fever rash and then I noticed white sores in her mouth.  Hand-foot-mouth disease was going around. 

Could that be it?
Nope.
HERPANGINA.
Nice.
Look it up.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment