Monday, August 2, 2010

MUFFIN TIN MONDAY


So, I had been wanting to create some fun and different lunches after reading inspirational mom blogs, including the Muffin Tin Mom. She sets a theme every Monday and creates a fun lunch tin for her kids to encourage them to try new foods. Her idea was based off the popular Japanese bento boxes and my idea is inspired by both ideas. I tried an actual muffin tin several times and found a few downfalls...

* It is annoying to clean the muffin tins, as the water splashes back ten feet in the air when you rinse them.
* My muffin tins are not dishwasher safe.
* If you have leftovers, you have to store them in a separate container anyways.

Here are the positives aspects of my take on the idea...

* I like letting my kids eat from glass instead of plastic (you know, with all that yummy BPA included), silicone or metal (which is the best choice of the three)
* I love the sturdiness of Corningware Ramekins (which is what I used above)
* Besides being made of glass, they are more elegant and just, so, you know, FRENCH.
* Each ramekin is 4oz., which is the perfect 1/2 cup serving size for kids so it is easy to measure!
* They are very easy to stack in the fridge with leftovers.
* They make fun "cups" to drink milk, juice or soup from!
* Dishwasher safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment