Tuesday, September 1, 2009

...11 MINUTES...

I had the pleasure of being allowed exactly 11 minutes (quite typical) to myself today, courtesy of Boss #1 and Boss #2.  At countdown + 1 minute, I attempted to get comfortable on the couch for a nap.  Stupid me, I had the window open for some fresh air.  I get zero breeze on most days, save for the times when the renters next door start to chain smoke.  I was lucky enough to only breathe in 4 cigarettes, which is the limit over here for air to be considered "fresh".  If those guys had lit the 5th one, I would have shut the window.  They went inside and then the kids in the neighborhood came home screaming from school.  I am really surprised I haven't learned Polish yet.  Does "coorva" count?  I do tend to waste time on things that do not matter (i.e. naps).  If you are ever in a similar situation and you have 11 minutes to spare, let me offer a few alternatives which would be a better use of your time...


* take a nice bathroom break


* take a phone call with 100 ?'s to qualify you for a survey that will have your quota filled after all those questions are answered


* try to write a blog entry; get stuck; swear at the cat out of anger


* pet the cat and apologize (you would have to do this on an alternative break)


* delete your unwatched tivo

* make a to-do list with pretty cursive so it looks nice on your fridge (because it will stay there so long, it will become a piece of fridge art)


Hope these suggestions help!  If you find that they take longer than 11 minutes, you move slower than I do, which I highly doubt is possible :)


GOTTA GO.....MY BOSSES ARE SCREAMING AT ME TO GET BACK TO WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment