Monday, March 22, 2010

MY PRECIOUS PEPPER

My dear, sweet little Pepper had a seizure. It was not a febrile seizure caused by a fever, but one of unknown origin. I don't know how to explain the extent of heart-stopping emotions that occur when your child is limp and seemingly lifeless and then convulsing in your arms. I can almost not tolerate repeating the story, yet I have done it so many times. The shake and ache in my arms will forever be there as a reminder of the memory of holding her through the second hardest time in her life.

I will never be able to say enough thank you's to those who prayed and continue to pray for her and for my family. The power of the prayers that came from the Saint Joseph's Novena was amazing! It was almost as heavy on my heart as my sorrow was. It is so unbelievable to feel unsure and protected, all at the same time. We are so blessed to have so many people that worry about us.

Her diagnosis remains as "generalized seizure disorder" until further testing is done, but I am confident that she is a very strong girl and we will stand strong in the face of the unknown. I am hopeful that my grandma's doctor was right in saying that "every child is allowed one free seizure in life".
I will teach her to laugh
in the face of danger...

...or will she teach me?

1 comment:

  1. Deanna, your words had touched me. And I am so grateful to God for not only giving me such a wonderful and thoughtful niece but also making me a proud great-uncle - as Nicholas and precious Francesca are indeed, special children. I know that Francesca had caused much alarm and worry but I know that she is safe and will be bound by great health. Yes, God had heeded the call!

    Love, Uncle Rick

    ReplyDelete